Reconnect is an early intervention and prevention program for young people aged 12-18 years old, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and their families.
Reconnect case practitioners use early intervention strategies that assist young people to stabilise their living situation, family reconciliation (where practicable), and improve level of engagement with work, education, training, employment and the community. Reconnect is a flexible service that can adapt to the needs of both young people and their families.
Referrals can be made by the following:
Young people and or their families may self refer or be referred from a range of sources, including:
- The young person themself
- Schools, education and training organisations
- Family, friends and caregivers
- Non Government community agencies
- Juvenile Justice
- Mental Health services
- Child Protection
Reconnect case practitioners utilise a range of interventions and strategies to achieve sustainable positive outcomes, these include:
- Case management
- Referral to specialist services
- Group work
- Collaboration with other services and specialist
- Counselling (individual and family)
Reconnect services areas: Yarrawonga, Myrtleford, Bright, Benalla, Mansfield and Wangaratta.